Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to the Air Force and DOD customers? If so, then look to join the Stellar Innovations and Solutions team! The selected applicant will become part of an existing team, in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference. There is a future for you here to support highly visible and strategic programs at SIS! You will realize the rewards of conquering a new challenge in a dynamic and highly-technical working environment that believes our people make the company great and we put them first in decisions to promote from within, host team building events and support a work-life balance. If you love technology and want a career making a difference supporting meaningful Air Force and DOD programs than Stellar Innovations is the company for you.
SIS is seeking an Enterprise Technical Architect/Advisor for an exciting career supporting United States Air Force (USAF) located at Wright Patterson Air Force Base (WPAFB), Ohio. In this role, you will provide customers and senior program managers with recommendations on network engineering approaches and strategies for new and continued business.
· Support the team by providing knowledge of the systems engineering design characteristics, limitations, and potential applications across a broad spectrum of technologies which have common and differing structures, processes and techniques.
· Apply knowledge of models of systems engineering performance measures, systems architecture types, and levels of representation to recommend way forward for working group decisions.
· Analyze technical documents and IT Infrastructure for compliance with objectives and thresholds; present findings, and recommend potential remedies or alternatives.
· Review, analyze, and critique applicable technical documents for senior audiences (i.e. Chief Information Officer, Chief Information Technical Officer, Chief Architect, and Chief Systems Engineers).
· Prepare and review technical documents for all Configuration Control Boards
· Work with the team and government leadership staff to ensure that the systems ATOs are maintained in accordance with DOD policies.
· Experience with information assurance/cybersecurity for military automated information systems and information technology.
· Expert knowledge of the defense information assurance certification and accreditation process (DIACAP) and risk management framework (RMF) processes and ability to document the system capabilities, verify and support the implementation of system controls (physical and logical). Manage POA&Ms for the systems, and ensure that milestones are meet.
· This individual will also be responsible to perform risk assessments, and provide technical assessments based on the systems categorization level. Understanding of the IASE STIGS and ability to verify these in a multiple of different system environments.
· Create and maintain enterprise wide IT architecture vision, responsible for defining IT technical strategies and roadmaps, and providing views of the systems in the context of the vision and roadmaps
· Maintain knowledge of enterprise architecture, standards, practices, and governance processes, and consistently applies these standards
· Develop and maintain cross system architecture models, views, and documentation (service catalogs, technical inventories, system landscapes, etc.)
· Support team to align business systems strategy with IT technologies and future solutions.
· Investigate and propose technology strategies that can better support the USAF and business strategies
· Abide by all applicable DoD, AF, and WPAFB regulations and guidance, including specific guidelines concerning ITAM and the handling of IT equipment
Skills / Qualifications:
· Must have experience briefing government leadership
· Project Management experience
· Customer FIRST mentality
· Strong understanding and experience with network topologies and PPS (ports protocols and services) at an advisory level
· Strong experience with POA&M
· Attention to detail
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Effective listening skills
· Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in combination with a team
Education / Experience:
· Minimum 8 years of experience supporting networking and enterprise architecture
· Minimum 4 years recent experience in a DOD environment, preferably USAF
· US citizenship is mandatory
· Must possess or be able to obtain a DoD Secret level clearance
Stellar Innovations & Solutions, Inc. (SIS) offers a wide-range of services based on a solid foundation of Program Management Support, SharePoint Web Application Framework, Infrastructure Virtualization, Audio/Video Integration, Cyber Security, and Software Application Support. SIS has in-depth experience in working with federal clients providing program management support, customized design, integration and maintenance, vulnerability assessment, risk management and accreditation support, and requirements design, development and testing. Our mission is to provide customers with innovative solutions designed to help them grow and better manage their operations. We deliver proven concepts of management, design, and integration enabling customers to effectively meet mission critical needs. We maintain our reputation of excellence and achievement through ongoing quality initiatives, and the implementation of industry best practices and employ the most highly-qualified, trained, and certified professionals in the business.
SIS, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Employee may be required to stand and walk for several hours performing various job related duties. This position description reflects SIS's assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company's latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.